- Level 3 Science and Level 1 Commerce is required to construct a Foundry
- Unlike the Armoury and the Barracks, the Foundry is captured along with its home city.
- The engineering savvy of the Germans and Dutch means that they can build Foundries without requiring prerequisite research.
- The Dutch start off most games with a Foundry in their first city, meaning that they have greater access to metal accumulation much faster than others
- The Foundry hosts vital technologies which are used in the construction of the Heavy Engineering Facility, which in turn provides the production of armoured vehicles and technologies for advanced industrial products.
(The Italian and Soviet tankette line)
"Angry grew the hardened iron, / Broke the vow that he had taken [...] / Caused the blood to flow in streamlets / From the wounds of man and hero." — Elias Lönröt, Kalevala cycle, trans Crawford
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." — Proverbs (27:17)
“When pieces of bronze or gold or iron break, the metal-smith welds them together again in the fire, and the bond is established.” — Sri Guru Granth Sahib
"Make large coats of mail and measure their links well, for surely I see the things you do." — the Qur'an (34:10-11)
"They are all nothing but money-grubbers, living on the profits of this war. No blessing can come of that." — Adolf Hitler
"I am not going to kill a man because he won't let us rob him." "Then go back to your mother and send for a man who wants to win." — David Gemmell