- Until the Atomic Era, maintain control over your home territories of: North Italian Plain; Latium; Sardinia; Naples and Sicily.
- Until the Atomic Era, control the following territories: Eritrea; Sudan; Somalia; Ethiopia; Marmara Coast
- Until the Atomic Era, control the following regions: North Africa; Mediterranean.
- Outlive France.
- Initial difficulty: Rather challenging
- Number of capitals: 1 (Rome)
- Number of armies: 1
- Initial resources: 20 tribute
- AI personality: Devious, implacable
Italy is available for play in the Powermongers and Domination campaigns.
Age of Darkness CtWEdit
In the Age of Darkness CtW, Italy is depicted as an ally of Germany, and is extremely belligerent. Italy will accept no alliances with any allies of the Allied nations - Britain and France - and will aggressively attempt to expand as much as it can by attacking smaller nations around it. If you are playing as Britain, you must be wary of the two-headed hydra which are the Axis powers: while Germany will attempt to drive you out of Scandinavia, Italy will sooner or later attack your positions in the Mediterranean, preventing you from manually moving your armies across Africa.
Italy has four leaders, starting off with Benito Mussolini.
- With an Allied administration, Ivanoe Bonomi; Alcide de Gasperi (what triggers?)
- Under Communist occupation, Vittorio Vidali; Palmiro Togliatti (when?)
- With a coup by Axis forces, Rodolfo Graziani