Self-propelled guns are a genus of mechanised artillery which are then split into two different genii: assault guns and tank destroyers.
- SPGs require one Age tech, and Level 6 Military (Combined Arms Tactics).
- Assault guns are general-purpose "support units", they are great against infantry and buildings, but fare poorly if attacking vehicles, especially heavy armour. They are devastating when used against buildings, and can do a fair amount of damage against fortifications.
- Antitank guns are powerful long-bore gun units, ideal for killing armoured cavalry at range. They do some damage to buildings and infantry, but fare poorly against fortifications.
- These units have poorer range compared to conventional towed Artillery, but make up for it with better mobility, although they are slower than normal tanks.
Not all factions create self-propelled assault guns, however. Only certain ones build them on the basis of balance,.
In the case of Italian SPGs, they are multipurpose guns, with no specialisations. This means that with enough resources, an Italian army can easily counter most units.
List of unitsEdit
- Valentine Mk I Archer (requires the Valentine medium chassis)
- Ho-Ro (requires the Chi-Ha medium chassis)
- Semovente 47/32 (requires the L6/40 light chassis, but is actually somewhat stronger)
- Marder (possibly a mercenary unit)
- Cromwell Challenger (requires the Comet light chassis)
- SU-100 (requires the T-34 medium chassis)
- Nashorn (upgraded from Marder)
- Semovente 105/25 (requires the M15/42 light chassis)
- Sherman Firefly (requires the M4 Sherman medium chassis, and an ancillary tech?)